Okonomiyaki Japanese Pancakes
- 1/2 lb of shrimp and or sausage, sliced
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups sliced red or green cabbage
- Japanese garlic and chili sauce for garnish
- Brown shrimp or sausage.
- Combine milk, eggs and flour and beat well.
- Add cabbage.
- Pour mixture over shrimp or sausage and form patties.
- Add patties to a saute pan with hot oil and cook until golden on both sides, turning once.
- Serve with spicy sauce.
- Note this batter can be used to make a variety of different pancakes. In Japan they add bacon, scallions, and almost anything you can imagine.