Oysters on the Half Shell with Salmon Roe
- 1 dozen freshly shucked oysters on the half shell
- 1/4 cup creme fraiche or sour cream
- 2 (ozs) of salmon caviar
- 2 tbs fresh dill
- 1 tsp black pepper
- lime wedges for serving
- Rock salt or crushed ice
- Shuck the oysters and place them on a platter covered with rock salt or crushed ice.
- Season the oysters with a dash of black pepper.
- Top each oyster with a dolup of creme fraiche and a small dolup of caviar.
- Garnish each oyster with a little fresh dill.