Pan Fried Mini Cheese Sandwiches
|24 slices of white bread|
|3 tbs Dijon mustard|
|12 slices of sharp cheddar cheese|
|canola oil for shallow frying|
|flour for dusting|
|3 eggs lightly beaten|
|watercress for garnish|
- Slice the crusts from the bread.
- Spread the bread slices with mustard.
- Top 12 slices of bread with cheese slices, trim if necessary. Top with another slice of bread.
- Heat a little oil in a saute pan.
- Dust each sandwich with a little flour, then dip into the beaten egg.
- Let excess egg drip off and add to the saute pan.
- Cook the sandwiches on both sides until golden. Drain on paper towels.
- Cut each sandwiches into quarters, place on a platter and garnish with watercress.