Pineapple Coconut Cobbler
|1 (20oz) can of crushed pineapple, with juice|
|reserve 3/4 cup of the pineapple juice|
|2 tbs corn starch|
|1 tsp vanilla extract|
|1/2 tsp dark rum (optional)|
|1 cup flour|
|1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder|
|2 tbs sugar, divided|
|1/2 cup flaked coconut, divided|
|1/4 cup buttermilk|
|2 tbs canola oil|
|1 large egg|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place 8 ramekins (4 to 5 oz) each in a baking pan.
- Drain crushed pineapple, pouring juice into a small sauce pan.
- Add corn starch to juice and cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Stir in crushed pineapple, vanilla and rum.
- Spoon mixture into ramekins.
- To make topping, combine flour,baking powder, 1 tbs of sugar and 1/4 cup coconut in a medium bowl.
- In a measuring cup, combine buttermilk, oil and egg.
- Pour liquids into dry ingredients and fold together just until a stiff batter forms.
- Drop batter by rounded teaspoons over the fruit filling.
- Sprinkle with 1 tbs sugar and 1/4 cup coconut.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until topping is browned and filling is bubbly.