Chinese Pork Chop Suey
|2 cups carrots, shredded|
|2 cups cabbage, shredded|
|2 cups of string beans, cut into 1 inch pieces|
|1 cup onions chopped|
|1 package of bean sprouts|
|1 lb of pork loin|
|2 tbs canola oil|
|1 small piece of ginger, minced|
|6 tbs soy sauce|
|2 tbs sugar|
|3 tbs corn starch|
|2/3 cup water|
|1 tsp salt|
|1 tsp white pepper|
- Cut vegetables in strips lengthwise.
- Slice pork thinly across the grain.
- Heat a large saute pan or wok and add the oil.
- Brown the ginger in oil and add the meat.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stir frying as you go.
- Add vegetables and cook for another 5 minutes, constantly stirring.
- Prepare the gravy by adding the soy sauce, water, sugar and corn starch. Mix well, then slowly drizzle into the pan.
- Season with salt and white pepper.
- Serve with rice or Noodles.