Quick Chop Suey
- 1 and 1/2 lbs of ground beef or pork
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups celery, sliced
- 1 cup water, divided
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- In a large saute pan or wok, brown meat.
- Add onion, celery and 2/3 cup of water.
- Cover and steam for 5 minutes.
- Add bean sprouts, water and chestnuts.
- Mix sugar,cornstarch and soy sauce with 1/3 cup of water, then add the the meat mixture.
- Bring to a boil.
- Serve on hot rice with soy sauce or on chow mein noodles.