Shrimp Egg Foo Yung
|3/4 lb of medium shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|3/4 cup scallions, minced|
|1/4 cup diced celery|
|2 cups fresh bean sprouts|
|6 eggs, well beaten|
|2 tsp kosher salt|
|1/4 cup soy sauce|
|2 tbs canola oil|
|1 tbs cornstarch|
|2 tsp sugar|
|2 tsp vinegar|
|3/4 cup chicken broth|
|1 cup of rice, cooked according to package directions.|
- Cook rice according to package directions and set aside.
- Add canola oil to a wok or a large saute pan.
- Using high heat saute the shrimp until pink. About 2 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Combine celery, bean sprouts, scallions, salt and eggs.
- Add shrimp.
- Add a dash of oil in the wok or skillet then add egg mixture.
- keep the pattie well shaped by pushing the egg back into the mixture with a spatula. You may have to cut the pattie in half for better control.
- When brown on one side, turn and brown on the other side. When second side is browned, remove from pan and set aside.
- To make the sauce, combine the soy sauce, corn starch, sugar, vinegar and chicken broth in a sauce pan.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce clears.
- Keep sauce hot.
- Serve with rice drizzled with sauce.