Spicy Shrimp Fritters
|3/4 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|1 tbs fish sauce|
|1 cup plain flour|
|2 oz thin rice noodles|
|1/4 tsp shrimp paste (available at Asian Grocery Stores)|
|3 scallions, sliced|
|1 small red chili, finely chopped|
|oil for deep frying|
|Sweet chili sauce for serving|
- Process half the shrimp in a food processor until smooth.
- Chop the remaining shrimp and mix in a bowl with with the processed prawns.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg and fish sauce with 3/4 cup of water.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and make a well.
- Gradually add the egg mixture, whisking to make a lump free batter.
- Fill a deep sauce pan or deep fryer 1/3 full with oil.
- Heat the oil to 360 degrees.
- Once the oil reaches temperature.
- Drop tbs of the mixture into the hot oil and deep fry in batches for 3 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with sweet chili sauce.