Spinach and Iceberg Salad
- 1 package of pre-washed spinach, trimmed of stems
- 1 small head of iceberg lettuce
- 3/4 cup Swiss Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cottage cheese, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 lb of bacon, cooked crispy and chopped
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 and 1/2 tbs poppy seeds
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 and 1/3 cups canola oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 tsp dry mustard
- Combine dressing ingredients the night before so flavors can marry.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the ingredients for the salad.
- Toss with the dressing prior to serving.