Stuffed Cabbage Roll
|1 lb ground beef|
|3/4 cup cooked rice|
|2 (8oz) cans of tomato sauce|
|2 tbs canola oil|
|1/4 cup lemon juice|
|1/4 lb ground pork|
|1 small onion Grated|
|12 large cabbage leaves|
|1/4 cup brown sugar|
- Combine beef, pork, salt and pepper, rice and onion with 1 can of tomato sauce.
- Cover cabbage with boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft.
- Drain and put a large scoop of the meat mixture into each leaf.
- Roll up leaves and secure with tooth picks.
- Mix the other can of tomato sauce with brown sugar and lemon juice.
- Pour a little of the tomato mixture in the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Add the cabbage rolls to the dish, then pour remaining sauce over.
- Cover casserole with foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour.