Stuffed Cabbage Roll
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3/4 cup cooked rice
- 2 (8oz) cans of tomato sauce
- 2 tbs canola oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 lb ground pork
- 1 small onion Grated
- 12 large cabbage leaves
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Combine beef, pork, salt and pepper, rice and onion with 1 can of tomato sauce.
- Cover cabbage with boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft.
- Drain and put a large scoop of the meat mixture into each leaf.
- Roll up leaves and secure with tooth picks.
- Mix the other can of tomato sauce with brown sugar and lemon juice.
- Pour a little of the tomato mixture in the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Add the cabbage rolls to the dish, then pour remaining sauce over.
- Cover casserole with foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour.