Stuffed Round Steak
|2 lbs round steak, pounded to 1/2 inch thick, and pierced with a pronged meat tenderizer|
|1 cup milk|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1/4 cup onion, chopped|
|1/2 cup diced celery|
|1 cup sliced mushrooms.|
|3 cups seasoned bread crumbs|
|1 cup of your favorite tomato sauce|
|parsley for garnish|
- Pound the round steak evenly until it is about 1/2 inch thick.
- Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Use pronged meat tenderizer to pierce the meat all over,
- In a bowl add the milk, egg, salt and pepper, onion, celery and beat until smooth.
- Add in the mushrooms and bread crumbs and mix until well combined.
- Pre- heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange the stuffing 1/3 the down on the round steak.
- Roll up the steak taking care to make sure the stuffing remains inside.
- Secure the roll with tooth picks or butchers twine.
- In a glass baking dish, add some tomato sauce on the bottom.
- Add the round steak and pour tomato sauce over.
- Bake for 1 and 1/2 hours.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley, slice and serve.