Summer Vegetable Casserole
|1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs|
|2 medium zucchini, unpeeled|
|2 medium cucumbers, unpeeled|
|1 sweet onion, peeled|
|3/4 cup grated Swiss cheese|
|3/4 cup grated Monterrey Jack Cheese|
|1/2 tsp Italian dressing|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 2 quart casserole and sprinkle with a thin layer of bread crumbs.
- Slice vegetables 1/4 inch thick.
- Place a layer of zucchini in the casserole, sprinkle lightly with crumbs and dot with butter.
- Add a layer of cucumbers add more crumbs, butter, then a layer of onions.
- Add more crumbs and butter.
- Top with 1/2 of cheeses and seasonings, then repeat layering.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Other summer vegetables may be substituted if desired.