Chinese Sweet and Sour Pork
|3/4 lb of pork loin, cut into cubes|
|1 tbs canola oil|
|1 large green pepper, seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces|
|2 medium carrots, sliced on a bias|
|1 clove garlic, sliced|
|1 small onion, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces|
|1 and 1/4 cups of water|
|1/4 cup sugar|
|1/4 cup red wine vinegar|
|1 tbs soy sauce|
|1/4 cup chicken broth|
|1/4 cup cold water|
|2 tbs cornstarch|
|2 cups jasmine rice|
- Cook rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a large saute pan or wok, using high heat, add the oil and stir fry the pork for about 4 minutes.
- Remove the pork and drain on paper towels.
- Add the green pepper, carrots,onions and garlic to skillet and cook for another 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Drain fat from saute pan and add 1 and 1/4 cups of water, sugar, red wine vinegar, soy sauce and chicken broth along with the pork.
- Blend 1/4 cup of cold water with the corn starch and add to the pan.
- Bring to a boil for 1 to 2 minutes to thicken sauce. Stir until sauce thickens.
- Serve over rice.