Asian Pork and Shrimp Dumplings
- 1/4 lb of ground pork
- 1/4 lb shrimp, finely chopped
- 1 small can bamboo shoots, drained and chopped
- 2 mushrooms, finely chopped
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 tbs dry sherry
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 red chili, chopped
- 50 Wonton wrappers
- soy sauce for dipping
- Put the ground pork, shrimp, bamboo shoots, spring onions, mushrooms, celery, pepper, dry sherry, soy sauce, sesame oil and chili in a bowl and mix well.
- Place a heaped teaspoon of the filling in the center of each Wonton wrapper.
- Brush the edges with a little water, then gather the wrapper around the filling to form an pouch, slightly open at the top.
- Steam in a bamboo or metal steamer over a pan of simmering water for 15 minutes or until cook through.
- Serve with soy sauce.