Baked Honey and Garlic Ribs
|3 lbs St. Louis cut spare ribs or baby back ribs|
|1/2 cup honey|
|6 cloves garlic, crushed|
|2 inch piece of fresh ginger, grated|
|1/4 tsp Tabasco|
|3 tbs chili sauce|
|2 tsp orange rind, grated|
- Cut the ribs along the bone into separate rib pieces.
- Place in a large baking dish.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and pour over the ribs.
- Stir until well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Drain the ribs and place the marinade in a small sauce pan.
- Place the rigs in one or tow large shallow oven proof dishes in a single layer.
- Bring the marinade to the bowl and simmer gently for 3 to 4 minutes, or until it has thickened and reduced slightly.
- Brush the ribs with the marinade and bake for 60 minutes, basting with the marinade three or four times.
- Cook until the ribs are well browned and tender.
- Serve ribs hot with the remaining marinade.