Banana Cream Pie
|1 (9 inch) pre baked graham cracker crust|
|2 tbs unsalted butter|
|3 tbs cornstarch|
|1 and 1/2 cups of milk, scalded|
|1 cup sugar|
|4 egg yolks, beaten|
|4 bananas sliced|
- Prepare the pie crust and cool completely
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Melt the butter in the top of a double boiler and set over simmering water.
- Stir in the flour and cornstarch.
- Slowly stir in the hot milk, then add the sugar.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for 20 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in a small about of the hot custard into the egg yolks, to temper.
- Combine the egg yolk mixture with the mixture in the double boiler.
- Cook for 2 minutes more.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Arrange the bananas in the bottom of the pie shell.
- Pour the hot custard over the bananas.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until the crust is set.
- Cool and chill until serving.