Big Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
|1 and 1/2 cups flour|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|1/2 tsp baking powder|
|1/4 tsp fresh grated nutmeg|
|2 sticks unsalted butter, softened|
|1/2 tsp vanilla extract|
|1 cup light brown sugar, packed|
|3/4 cup granulated sugar|
|2 large eggs|
|3 cups oatmeal|
|1 and 1/2 cups raisins|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line several cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, salt baking powder and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Beat the butter and vanilla until creamy.
- Add the sugars and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix well.
- Fold in the oats and raisins.
- Roll the dough into generous 2 inch balls.
- Place the balls on the cookie sheets, leaving at least 2 inches between each ball.
- Bake at 350 until the cookie edges turn golden brown. About 20 to 25 minutes.
- Halfway through the baking time switch the cookie sheets from top to bottom and turn them from front to back.
- Place the cookie sheets on a cooling rack and let them cool completely before removing.