Boiled Southern Pigs Feet
|4 pigs feet, split in half lengthwise|
|2 medium onions, copped|
|2 stalks celery, chopped|
|2 garlic cloves, chopped|
|1 bay leaf|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 cup white vinegar|
|3 tsp crushed red pepper|
|Barbecue sauce of your choice|
- Give the pigs feet a good washing. Remove any hair that you observe
- Place all the ingredients in a large boiling pot and and cover with water.
- Bring water to a boil over medium high heat, then reduce to a simmer.
- Cover pot and allow pigs feet to cook until tender. About 3 hours.
- While pigs feet are cooking stir constantly and skim away any foam that develops.
- Serve with greens and potato salad.