Boiled Southern Pigs Feet
- 4 pigs feet, split in half lengthwise
- 2 medium onions, copped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 3 tsp crushed red pepper
- Barbecue sauce of your choice
- Give the pigs feet a good washing. Remove any hair that you observe
- Place all the ingredients in a large boiling pot and and cover with water.
- Bring water to a boil over medium high heat, then reduce to a simmer.
- Cover pot and allow pigs feet to cook until tender. About 3 hours.
- While pigs feet are cooking stir constantly and skim away any foam that develops.
- Serve with greens and potato salad.