Broccoli and Gruyere Cheese Quiche
|1 (9 inch) frozen pie crust, thawed|
|1 cup of fresh broccoli, cooked and chopped|
|4 eggs beaten|
|1 cup heavy cream|
|1 cup milk|
|1/8 tsp mushrooms|
|1 tsp black pepper|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|1 and 1/2 cups of Gruyere cheese|
|1/4 cup Parmesan cheese|
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a sauce pan add water and bring to a boil. Add the broccoli and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the broccoli and place under running cold water until cooled. Chop into small pieces.
- Beat together the eggs, cream, milk, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the Gruyere cheese and broccoli.
- Turn the filling into the quiche shell.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the filling is set.
- Serve warm.