Buttermilk Fried Chicken Drumettes
- 2 lbs chicken drumettes
- 2 cups of buttermilk
- 1 and 1/2 cups flour
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- canola oil for deep frying
- Add the chicken drumettes in a bowl with 2 cups of buttermilk.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Fill a sauce pan or deep fryer 1/3 full with oil and heat to 350 degrees.
- Place the flour in a shallow dish and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Drain the chicken and shake off the excess buttermilk, then coat in flour.
- Shake off the excess flour then deep fry in batches for 6 to 8 minutes, making sure the oil is not to hot.
- Drain on paper towels.