Cherry Ice Cream Pie
|1 pre-baked (9 inch) graham cracker crust|
|1 envelope unflavored gelatin|
|2 tbs sugar|
|1 cup cherry juice|
|1 tbs lemon juice|
|1 pint vanilla ice cream|
|3 cups halved, pitted sweet cherries|
- Prepare the pre-baked pie shell, cool completely. About 10 minutes.
- Mix together the gelatin and sugar. Set aside.
- Combine the cherry and lemon juices and bring to a boil.
- Add the gelatin mixture and stir until dissolved.
- Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the ice cream.
- Mix well and add the cherries.
- Chill until slightly thickened.
- Turn the filling into the pie shell, cover and freeze until set.