Chinese Fortune Cookies
|3 egg whites|
|1/2 cup confection sugar, sifted|
|1 and 1/2 oz butter, melted|
|1/2 cup flour|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Draw 3 (3inch) circles on the paper.
- Turn the paper over.
- Place the egg whites in a bowl and whisk until just frothy.
- Add the sugar and butter and stir until smooth.
- Add the flour and mix until smooth.
- Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Using a flat bladed knife, spread 1 and 1/2 level teaspoons of mixture over each circle.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until slightly brown around the edges.
- Working quickly,remove from the tray by sliding a flat-bladed knife under each round.
- Place a folded written fortune message inside each cookie.
- Fold in half, then in half again over a blunt edged object. it may take a few trys for you to master the technique, but it is quite easy once you get the hang of it.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Cook the remaining mixture the same way.
- Note: Make only tow or three fortune cookies at a time, otherwise they will harden too quickly and break when folding.