Crab Cakes with Avocado Salsa
|1 lb of crab meat|
|2 scallions, chopped|
|1 and 1/2 tbs of mayonnaise|
|2 tsp sweet chili sauce|
|1 and 1/4 cups fresh bread crumbs|
|canola oil for shallow frying|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|2 ripe roma tomatoes|
|1 small red onion, finely chopped|
|1 large avocado, finely diced|
- Beat the eggs lightly.
- Add the crab meat, spring onions, mayonnaise, sweet chili and bread crumbs.
- Gently mix well, then cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- To make avocado salsa, combine all the ingredients in a bowl, season with salt and pepper then gently combine.
- Using wet hands, form the crab mixture into 20 small cakes.
- Heat 1 inch of canola oil in a large saute pan and cook the crab cakes over medium heat for about 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Drain on a wire rack or paper towels.
- Serve with avocado salsa to serve over the top.