|1/2 lb of dried chick peas|
|4 spring onions, chopped|
|2 cloves garlic, crushed|
|1/2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley|
|1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped|
|1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped|
|1/4 tsp cayenne pepper|
|2 tsp ground cumin|
|2 tsp ground coriander|
|1/2 tsp baking powder|
|oil for deep frying|
- Put the chick peas in a large bowl, cover with water and soak overnight. Drain.
- Alternatively you may use rinsed canned chickpeas.
- Combine the chick peas, spring onions, garlic, parsley, mint, cilantro, cayenne cumin, ground coriander, baking powder and 2 tsp kosher salt.
- Process batches in a food processor for 30 to 40 seconds or until smooth and the mixture holds together.
- Refrigerate, uncovered for 2 hours.
- Press 2 tbs of the mixture in a small ice cream scoop or in the palm of you hand and form in to a round patty.
- Fill a deep sauce pan or deep fryer 1/3 full with oil and heat to 350 degrees.
- Deep fry the Falafel in batches for 3 to 4 minutes or until well browned.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with humus on pita bread and fresh vegetables.