|1 lb of dried chickpeas|
|canola oil for deep frying|
|1 tsp paprika|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1/2 tsp cumin|
|1/2 tsp cayenne pepper|
- Put the chickpeas in a large bowl and cover with water and soak overnight. Drain well and dry with paper towels.
- Alternatively you may used rinsed and dried canned chickpeas.
- Fill a deep sauce pan or deep fryer 1/3 full with oil. Heat to 350 degrees.
- Deep fry half of the chickpeas for 3 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Repeat with the rest of the chick peas.
- Once chickpeas cool slightly fry them again in batches until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle the seasonings over the chick peas, mix well, cool and serve.