- 6 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Smash garlic cloves with the wide part of a chef’s knife.
- place the peeled garlic cloves in a clean pint jar.
- Pour 1 cup olive oil into the jar and cover.
- Refrigerate oil and garlic and use within 2 weeks.
- Make garlic oil 2 days before use to allow flavors to penetrate.
- Brush food with garlic oil and marinate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle salt and freshly ground black pepper just before grilling.
- Brush food with additional garlic oil while grilling if desired.
- Use with beef, pork, seafood, poultry or vegetables.
- Great on shrimp or clams.
- Combine garlic oil with melted butter and fresh lemon to use as a dipping sauce.
- You may also brush onto thick slices of French bread and grill until crisp.