Goat Cheese and Apple Tarts
|2 sheets of frozen puff pastry|
|3/4 lb of goat cheese, sliced|
|2 cooking apples|
|2 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|1 tbs fresh thyme, chopped|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- While pastry is still frozen, cut each sheet into four squares and then each square into quarters.
- Place slightly apart on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Set aside for a few minutes to thaw and then lay the cheese over the center of each square of the pastry, leaving a small border.
- Core the unpeeled apples and slice them thinly.
- Inter weave the several slices over the pastry making sure the cheese is covered completely.
- Lightly brush the apples with oil and sprinkle with thyme and a little salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake the tarts for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the pastry is cook through and golden brown at the edges.