Green Beans with Red Bell Pepper
|1 lb green beans|
|2 tbs olive oil|
|1 red bell pepper, cut into strips|
|1 purple onion, cut into strips|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|kosher salt and fresh black pepper to taste|
- Steam the green beans for about 5 minutes or boil for 3 minutes.
- Plunge into cold water to stop the cooking.
- While the beans are cooking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add the bell pepper and onion and cook until crisp tender.
- Add the garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.