Irish Shepard’s Pie
|1 (9 inch) frozen pie crust, thawed|
|2 lbs of ground lamb|
|2 tbs unsalted butter|
|1 medium onion, thinly sliced|
|2 tbs Italian parsley, chopped|
|1 cup cooked peas|
|1 cup cooked carrots, sliced|
|1 tsp oregano|
|2 tsp kosher salt|
|2 tsp black pepper|
|3 cups mashed potatoes|
- In a saute pan saute the lamb until brown.
- Remove the lamb from the pan and drain off the fat.
- Add the butter to the pan and add the onions and simmer until golden brown.
- Add the parsley.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Stir in the cooked lamb, peas, carrots, oregano, salt, pepper and 1 cup of the potatoes.
- When the filling is prepared, preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Turn the filling into the crust.
- Spread the remaining potatoes on top and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 500 degrees for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 375 degrees and bake about 35 minutes more or until golden brown.
- Serve hot.