Japanese Chicken Yakatori
|2 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken thighs|
|1/2 cup sake|
|3/4 cup Japanese soy sauce|
|1/2 cup mirin|
|2 tbs sugar|
|1 cup of spring onions, cut on the bias in 1 inch pieces|
- Soak 25 wooden skewers for about 30 minutes and set aside.
- Cut the chicken thighs into bite sized pieces.
- Combine the sake, soy sauce, mirin and sugar in a small pan.
- Bring to a boil the remove the pan and set aside.
- Thread three to four pieces of chicken on each skewer, alternating with pieces of spring onion.
- Cook the skewers over hot coals, turning and brushing frequently with the sauce for about 7 to 8 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with an Asian dipping sauce.