Lemon Chicken with Olives
|8 very thin lemon slices, seeds removed|
|8 bone in chicken pieces|
|1 1/4 inch thick slice pancetta, chopped|
|6 garlic cloves, halved|
|2 tbs cracked rosemary|
|3 tsp rubbed sage|
|2 tsp kosher salt|
|1 tsp black pepper|
|2 tbs olive oil|
|1/2 cup pitted Kalamatta olives|
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the lemon slices in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Place the chicken pieces over the lemon slices.
- Sprinkle the pancetta and garlic over and around the chicken.
- Sprinkle rosemary, sage, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil and bake at 425 for 30-35 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Scatter olives around the pan for the last 5 minutes of cooking, just to heat through.
- Ladle the sauce over the chicken when serving.