Lemon Chicken with Olives
- 8 very thin lemon slices, seeds removed
- 8 bone in chicken pieces
- 1 1/4 inch thick slice pancetta, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, halved
- 2 tbs cracked rosemary
- 3 tsp rubbed sage
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamatta olives
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the lemon slices in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Place the chicken pieces over the lemon slices.
- Sprinkle the pancetta and garlic over and around the chicken.
- Sprinkle rosemary, sage, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil and bake at 425 for 30-35 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Scatter olives around the pan for the last 5 minutes of cooking, just to heat through.
- Ladle the sauce over the chicken when serving.