Mini Tortillas with Chorizo Salsa
|20 (8 inch) flour tortillas|
|2 tbs olive oil|
|1/2 lb chorizo sausages|
|1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt|
|1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped|
|1 ripe avocado|
|juice from 1 lemon|
|1 large tomato seeded|
|1/4 red onion|
|2 tbs balsamic vinegar|
|1 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|Cilantro leaves for garnish|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut circles from the tortillas with a 3 inch cookie cutter.
- Heat 1 tbs of oil in a large non stick skillet and add one third of the mini tortillas and cook in a single layer turning once, until crisp and golden.
- Drain and repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Chop the sausages into small cubes and bake on a baking tray for 10 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Cool and drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, combine the yogurt and chopped cilantro in a small bowl and set aside.
- Chop the avocado, tomato and onion into small cubes and combine in a bowl.
- Squeeze lemon juice over.
- Add the sausage, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper.
- Gently combine.
- To assemble, spoon the sausage onto tortillas and top with they yogurt and avocado mixture.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves.