Mushroom and Leek Quiche with Parmesan
|1 (9 inch) frozen pie shell, thawed|
|1/4 cup unsalted butter|
|3 large leeks, cleaned and diced, white parts only|
|2 cups mushrooms, sliced and sauteed|
|4 eggs beaten|
|1 cup heavy cream|
|1 cup milk|
|1/8 tsp nutmeg|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|1 tsp black pepper|
|1/4 cup Parmesan cheese|
- Thaw the pie shell.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan.
- Saute the leeks and mushrooms over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Drain on paper towels.
- Beat together the eggs, cream, milk, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Mix in the leeks and mushrooms.
- Turn the filling into the pie shell.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until filling is set.
- Serve warm.