Open Face Peach Pie with Cream
|1 (9 inch) frozen pie crust, thawed|
|1/2 cup sugar 2 tbs corn starch|
|10 large fresh peaches, peeled and halved|
|1 cup heavy cream|
|sweetened whipped cream|
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the sugar and the cornstarch.
- Press 3/4 of the sugar mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the crust.
- Arrange the peach halves, cut side up, in concentric circles in the crust.
- Sprinkle the peaches with the remaining sugar mixture.
- Pour the cream over the peaches, filling each peach center.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 325 degrees and cover with an inverted lightweight pie pan.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Remove the cover and bake for 15 minutes more.
- Serve warm with sweetened whipped cream.