Pan Fried Cheese Sandwich Appetizers
- 20 thick slices of white bread
- 3 tbs Dijon mustard
- 12 slices of sharp cheddar cheese
- canola oil for shallow frying
- flour for dusting
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- watercress for garnish
- Remove the crusts from the bread.
- Spread the bread with mustard and place a slice of cheese on top, then add another bread slice.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan.
- Dust the sandwiches lightly with flour and dip quickly into the beaten egg.
- Cook the sandwiches on both sides until golden. Drain on paper towels.
- Cut into quarters and garnish with watercress.
- Serve hot.