Pan Fried Cheese Sandwich Appetizers
|20 thick slices of white bread|
|3 tbs Dijon mustard|
|12 slices of sharp cheddar cheese|
|canola oil for shallow frying|
|flour for dusting|
|3 eggs lightly beaten|
|watercress for garnish|
- Remove the crusts from the bread.
- Spread the bread with mustard and place a slice of cheese on top, then add another bread slice.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan.
- Dust the sandwiches lightly with flour and dip quickly into the beaten egg.
- Cook the sandwiches on both sides until golden. Drain on paper towels.
- Cut into quarters and garnish with watercress.
- Serve hot.