Pennsylvania Dutch Apple Pie
|1 (9 inch) frozen pie crust, thawed|
|1 tbs flour|
|5 cups, peeled, cored and thinly sliced tart apples|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|1 cup sugar|
|1/4 tsp nutmeg|
|1 tsp cinnamon, plus additional for decoration|
|3/4 cup heavy cream|
- Preheat oven to 45o degrees.
- In a bowl combine the flour, salt, sugar, nutmeg and 1/2 tsp of the cinnamon.
- Stir in the cream.
- Arrange the apples in the crust in concentric circles.
- Pour the cream mixture over the top.
- Bake at 450 for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 350 degrees.
- Cover with an inverted lightweight pie pan and bake for 20 Minutes.
- Remove the cover and bake for 20 minutes more.
- Remove from oven and dust with cinnamon.
- Allow to cool sightly and serve.