|1 lb of large shrimp, shell off, tail on|
|1 cinnamon stick|
|2 tsp all spice|
|1 tsp paprika|
|2 cloves garlic, chopped|
|2 tsp cardamon pods|
|1 tsp black pepper corns|
|2 bay leaves|
|1/4 cup white vinegar|
|1 lemon, cut into slices|
|3 cups water|
|2 tsp kosher salt|
|2 tsp black pepper|
- Add all ingredients, except for shrimp in a large sauce pan. Bring to a boil.
- In a large glass bowl fill halfway with ice.
- Once water is boiling add shrimp.
- Let shrimp boil for 1 minute.
- Remove pan from heat and pour the shrimp along with the liquid over the ice.
- Mix shrimp well with ice and spices and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges.