Pork and Lemon Grass Wonton’s
|1 lb of ground pork|
|2 tsp fresh ginger, grated|
|1 stem lemon grass, white part only, thinly sliced|
|1 (8oz) can of water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped|
|2 tbs finely chopped garlic chives(available at Asian Markets)|
|1/2 tsp chili paste|
|2 tbs plum sauce|
|1 tsp chili oil|
|1 tsp sesame oil|
|1 tbs corn flour|
|50 (3 inch) Wonton wrappers|
|oil for deep frying|
|1/2 cup soy sauce|
|1/4 cup balsamic vinegar|
|2 tsp grated fresh ginger|
|2 tsp chili oil|
- Put the ground pork, ginger, lemon grass, water chestnuts, garlic chives, chili paste, plum sauce, chili, sesame oil and corn flour in a large bowl.
- Mix well, cover and chill for 1 hour.
- For the dipping sauce, combine the soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, grated ginger and chili oil and mix well.
- Work with one Wonton wrapper at a time, keeping the rest covered.
- Spoon 2 tsp of the filling onto the center of each wrapper and lightly brush the edges of the wrapper with water. Gather up the ends, and bring the together in the center and press firmly to seal.
- Repeat with the remaining wrappers.
- Fill a large sauce pan or deep fryer 1/3 full with oil. Heat to 350 degrees.
- Deep fry the Wonton’s in batches for 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain.