Pork and Veal Meatballs
|5 slices of white bread, crusts removed|
|1/2 lb of ground pork|
|1/2 lb of ground veal|
|1 tbs fresh flat leaf parsley|
|1 and 1/2 tbs fresh mint, chopped|
|1 onion grated|
|1 tsp ground cumin|
|1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated|
|1/2 cup plain flour|
|olive oil for shallow frying|
- Cover bread with water in a bowl, then squeeze out as much water as possible.
- Place in a large bowl with the ground meat, parsley, mint, onion, cumin, egg and cheese.
- Knead the mixture by hand for 2 to 3 minutes until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Put the flour in a shallow dish. With wet hands, roll level tablespoons of the meat ball mixture into balls.
- Heat the oil over medium heat.
- Toss the meatballs in the flour and remove excess.
- Fry the meatballs in batches for 3 to 5 minutes or until the meatballs and browned and cooked through.
- Drain on paper towels.