Pork San Choy Bau
- 2 tbs canola oil
- 1 lb of ground pork
- 1 (8oz) can of water chestnuts, drained and chopped finely
- 1/4 lb of canned bamboo shoots, drained and chopped finely
- 6 spring onions, chopped finely
- 2 tbs dry sherry
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- 25 butter leaves for serving
- chopped fresh mint for serving
- 2 tbs plum sauce
- 1 tbs hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
This is delicious Chinese dish with savory pork and water chestnuts are wrapped in lettuce leaves.
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan or wok.
- Add the pork and cook, stirring over high heat until brown all over.
- Break up any large lumps.
- Add the water chestnuts, bamboo shoots and spring onion.
- Toss well and cook for 1 minute.
- Combine the sherry,soy sauce, sesame oil and oyster sauce and add to the wok.
- Toss well and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- To make the dipping sauce, stir all the all the ingredients in a bowl with 2 tbs of water.
- To serve, put about 1 tbs of the pork mixture on each lettuce leaf and sprinkle with the chopped mint.
- Serve with sauce for drizzling over the top.