Potato Pie with Parmesan and Mozzarella
|1 frozen (9inch) pie crust, thawed|
|1/4 cup unsalted butter|
|1 medium onion, sliced thinly|
|3 cups cooked, sliced potatoes|
|1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese|
|1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese|
|2 eggs beaten|
|1/4 cup milk|
|2 tsp kosher salt|
|2 tsp oregano|
|1/4 tsp nutmeg|
|2 tsp black pepper|
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a sauce pan, melt the butter and saute the onion until golden brown.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Stir in the potatoes.
- Mix together the Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk, salt, oregano, nutmeg and pepper.
- Arrange the potato and cheese mixture in alternating layers in the crust.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top layer.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and the filling is set.
- Serve hot.