Rich Chocolate Truffles
- 3/4 cup of heavy cream
- 13 oz of dark chocolate, grated
- 2 and 1/4 oz butter, chopped
- 2 tbs Cointreau
- dark cocoa powder, for rolling
- Place cream in a small pan and bring to the boil.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate until completely melted.
- Add the butter and stir until melted.
- Stir in the Cointreau.
- Transfer to a large bowl, cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight, or until firm enough to roll.
- Quickly roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls, and refrigerate until firm.
- Roll the balls in the cocoa, shake off any excess and return to the refrigerator.
- Serve at room temperature.