Ricotta and Mozzarella Grilled Cheese Sandwich
|8 slices of white bread, crusts removed|
|1/2 cup ricotta cheese|
|8 1/4 inch slices of fresh mozzarella cheese|
|4 tbs olive oil|
|20 basil leaves|
|kosher and black pepper to taste|
- Cut the crusts of of each slice of bread.
- Add 2tbs of the olive oil to a large saute pan or griddle.
- Toast both sides of each slice lightly in the olive oil, then drain on paper towels.
- Once the bread cools evenly spread 8 slices with ricotta cheese and 2 slices of mozzarella only on four slices of the bread.
- Place four or five leaves of the basil on top of the mozzarella slices.
- Cover each sandwich with a piece ricotta covered bread.
- Add 2 more tbs of olive oil to the saute pan and gently toast the sandwiches on each side. About 2 Minutes per side.
- Slice and serve.
- Optional; if desired you may add several slices of ripe tomato to each sandwich.