Rum and Raisin Truffles
|2 oz of raisins, finely chopped|
|1/4 cup dark rum|
|6 and 1/2 oz of chocolate coated cookie biscuits, crushed|
|1/3 cup soft brown sugar|
|1 tsp ground cinnamon|
|1/4 cup pecans, finely chopped|
|1/4 cup heavy cream|
|8 oz dark chocolate|
|1/4 cup golden syrup (you may substitute corn syrup)|
|1/4 lb pecans, finely ground|
- Marinate the raisins in the rum in a small bowl for 1 hour.
- Put the cookie biscuits, sugar, cinnamon and pecans in a large bowl and mix until well combined.
- Stir in the cream, chocolate and golden syrup in a pan over low heat until melted.
- Pour onto the biscuit mixture, add the raisins and rum mixture and stir until well combined.
- Refrigerate until just firm enough to form into balls.
- Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls then roll the balls in ground pecans.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm.