|l lb of fresh scallops|
|2 tsp lime rind, finely grated|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|2 red chilies, chopped (Thai, Serrano or jalepaeno)|
|1 cup lime juice|
|2 tbs cilantro|
|2 tbs red onion, minced|
|1 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|butter lettuce leaves for serving.|
- Cut each scallop into 4 even pieces and add them to a non metal bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Remove from refrigerator and pour off the lime juice in a small bowl.
- To serve place a tablespoon full of the scallop mixture in a butter lettuce leaf.
- Pour the lime juice into shot glasses and serve along with the Ceviche. (leche de Tigre)