- l lb of fresh scallops
- 2 tsp lime rind, finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 red chilies, chopped (Thai, Serrano or jalepaeno)
- 1 cup lime juice
- 2 tbs cilantro
- 2 tbs red onion, minced
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- butter lettuce leaves for serving.
- Cut each scallop into 4 even pieces and add them to a non metal bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Remove from refrigerator and pour off the lime juice in a small bowl.
- To serve place a tablespoon full of the scallop mixture in a butter lettuce leaf.
- Pour the lime juice into shot glasses and serve along with the Ceviche. (leche de Tigre)