Seafood and Chicken Paella
|1/2 cup dry white wine|
|3 tbs saffron threads|
|vegetable cooking spray|
|1 cup chopped onion|
|1 cup of arborio of paella rice|
|1 banana pepper, trimmed and cut into strips|
|1 red bell pepper, trimmed and cut into strips|
|1 yellow bell pepper, trimmed and cut into strips|
|3 cups hot chicken stock|
|1/2 lb skinless chicken thighs (about 4)|
|1 cup squid rings|
|1/2 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|12 mussels, scrubbed|
|12 little neck clams, scrubbed|
|2 (1/2 lb) lobster tails, cut in half|
|1/2 cup canned artichoke hearts|
|1 cup frozen or fresh peas|
|1 cup chopped fresh tomato.|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour the wine into a small bowl, then add the saffron threads. Set aside.
- Preheat a large paella pan of large skillet for about 1 minute over medium high heat.
- Spray with a little vegetable oil or coal with olive oil.
- Saute the onions for 2 to 3 minutes, until clear.
- Add the rice and saute for about 1 minute until golden.
- Add the wine and saffron and stir until the liquid is completely absorbed.
- Keep the chicken stock over low heat.
- Add in the peppers.
- Add the hot chicken stock 1/4 cup at a time, stirring until absorbed.
- When only 1/2 cup of the chicken stock remains to be added stir in the chicken. Cook for 10 minutes, making sure the chicken is cooked through.
- With the last addition of stock, stir in the squid and shrimp.
- Turn burner off. The rice should be tender.
- Stand the mussels and clams upright in the rice mixture, joint down.
- Tuck the lobster tails into the rice, shell down.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake until the mussels and clam shell open. About 10 minutes.
- Scatter the artichoke, peas and tomato over the paella and bake for 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Place the paella in the center of the dinner table and allow the guests to serve themselves.