|5 lbs of cleaned chitterlings|
|2 onions, chopped|
|3 bay leaves|
|3 cloves garlic, crushed|
|1 tsp black pepper corns|
|1 tbs kosher salt|
|1 large green pepper|
|1 tbs oil|
- Add clean chitterlings to cold water and rinse very well.
- Place the open of the chitterlings under a faucet with the head of the faucet going into the opening, and run cold water for several minutes until each chitterlings is totally clean.
- Cut the chitterlings into 3 inch pieces and return to a bowl of clean water.
- To a stock pot add the chitterlings and cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Add the bay leaves 1 onion and garlic.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook the chitterlings for 3 hours.
- Remove the chitterlings from the water and allow to cool slightly.
- In a sauce pan add the oil the chitterlings and the green pepper and onion, and saute for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.