Sweet Indian Mango Chutney
|3 large mangoes|
|2 red chilies|
|1/2 tsp garam masala|
|1 and 1/2 cups raw sugar|
|1 2 inch piece ginger, grated|
|1/2 cup pitted dates, finely chopped|
|1 cup white vinegar|
- Peel mangoes and and cut into small cubes. Sprinkle with salt.
- Finely chop 2 seeded red chilies.
- Blend 1/2 tsp garam masala with 1 and 1/2 cups of raw sugar, and place in a large pan with 1 cup of white vinegar.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the mango, chili, ginger and the dates.
- Simmer for 1 hour, or until the mango is tender.
- Spoon into warm sterilized jars and seal.
- Store in refrigerator for a week before using.
- Keeps for up to a month.