Vegetarian Quiche with Parsley Chives and Watercress
|1 frozen (9inch) pie crust, thawed|
|1/4 cup unsalted butter|
|1 medium onion, diced|
|1/4 cup Italian parsley|
|1 tbs chopped chives|
|1 tbs chopped watercress|
|1 clove garlic, minced|
|1 tsp grated lemon zest|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|1 tsp black pepper|
|4 eggs, beaten|
|1 cup heavy cream|
|1 cup milk|
|1/4 cup Parmesan cheese|
- Thaw and pre bake the pie shell at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan.
- Add the onion and saute over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently,
- Stir in the parsley, chives, watercress, garlic. lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- In a bowl, beat together the eggs, cream and milk. Add the onion.
- Turn the filling to the pie shell,
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes or until filling is set.