White Potato Pie
|1 (9 inch) frozen pie crust, thawed|
|1 and 1/2 cups mashed potatoes|
|2 tbs unsalted butter|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|2 eggs, separated|
|2 cups milk|
|2 tbs lemon juice|
|1 tbs grated lemon zest|
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix together the mashed potatoes, butter, sugar and salt.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Beat the egg yolks.
- Combine the potato mixture with the egg yolks, milk lemon juice, and lemon zest. Mix well.
- Beat the egg whites until the form stiff peaks.
- Fold the egg whites into the potato mixture.
- Turn the filling into the crust.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 325 degrees and bake for 30 minutes more or until golden brown.